How Our Prescription Savings Card Works
Big companies are often able to provide prescription assistance to their employees by negotiating a discounted rate with pharmacies and insurance carriers. Because they have a large number of employees, these companies are, in essence, buying in bulk. When you become an Spirit USA Rx cardholder, you also have access to reduced prices through bulk buying.
It is not possible to tell you precisely what your medication will cost or how much you will save because the price varies between pharmacies. However, the discount rate is established according to industry standards, so most pharmacies will offer the same price. The discount rate is updated weekly, so the price you pay might be determined by when you fill your prescription. Pharmacies also may occasionally feature a special sale price for a particular medicine; if the sale price is lower than the discount rate, you will pay the lower sale price.
What Are the Benefits of Using an Rx Discount Card?
The Rx discount card is ideal if you are uninsured, underinsured or if your insurance plan does not cover certain medications. There are many advantages to being a cardholder:
- You save between 10 percent and 75 percent on the cost of prescription medications.
- All FDA-approved generic and brand name medications are covered.
- Anyone can enroll; there are no restrictions for age, pre-existing conditions or income.
- Anyone can use the card for prescription assistance, including family members, friends, neighbors and co-workers.
The actual amount you will save varies depending on which pharmacy you use and which medication you buy. Use the prescription price lookup feature to get an idea of what your medicine will cost at different pharmacies. The best way, however, to find out how much you will save is to visit the pharmacy, show them your prescription and Rx discount card and ask what your savings will be. It is always a win-win situation:
- The average savings is $61 per prescription.
- At least 80 percent of the time your discount card will save you money because the cost will be less than the pharmacy’s retail price.
- If the pharmacy’s price is lower than the discount card price, you pay the lower retail price.
Discount Pet Card
The Free Pharmacy Card is Active and Ready for Use, Download a card by clicking one of the Links above or simply take a picture of the card and present the card to your pharmacist. Either way you could be saving money the next time you have to purchase a prescription.